Thursday, December 24, 2009

Unrecorded Comments

Christmas Eve, 2009.

My son was home for about 12 hours yesterday, but he brought gifts (and was well gifted, in return). In fact, he got me that Kindle e-reader I've been wanting ... thank you, son!

So, of course, the first thing I did was add my blog to the list of blogs to which you can subscribe, if you happen to own an Amazon Kindle Reader. Look for "Mark's Musings." Like all the other blogs on Amazon, it's $1.99 per month to subscribe, but I get a small portion of that, which will help offset my costs.

With one more trip to the Post Office this afternoon, I will have completed all of my current projects and can focus solely on our Christmas Eve service tonight and, of course, Christmas Day tomorrow. Yes, there will be a post. You're due for one final annual installment of Random Thoughts.

+++

UNRECORDED COMMENTS AT THE BIRTH OF CHRIST

"What are the chances one of these animals has ice chips?"

"What do you mean, epidurals won't be invented for 2,000 years???"

"I don't suppose the 'Heavenly Host' know how to change a diaper...."

"No, I like the halo. It's like his own little nightlight."

"Well, with this kind of beginning, I don't suppose he'll amount to much...."

"He looks just like his father."


[Chris White's Top Five on Parenting; edits and additional material by Mark Raymond]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

+++


Mark's Musings is available via RSS Feed, Kindle eReader, Facebook Note, and e-mail each weekday. Give birth to your own subscription painlessly by clicking here.

No comments: