Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Confusing Santa


Though empirical evidence says otherwise, yesterday was actually the *first* day of winter. And now the days begin to get longer again.

I can't remember who sent this to me (apologies if it was you), or perhaps I simply ran across it in the course of my daily Internet travels, but it is one cool little treat. I sent an experimental video to my wife and folks, it was pretty darn delightful.

If you've got a child, grandchild, teenager, or even an adult family member or friend who needs a personalized visit from Santa - whether they've been naughty or nice - try the Portable North Pole.

It's free and five easy screens of details will send a fun and lasting memory to a loved one.

+++

WAYS TO CONFUSE SANTA CLAUS

Instead of milk and cookies, leave him a salad with a note filled with helpful dieting tips.

Leave a note by the phone saying Mrs. Claus called and could he pick up some egg nog and a fruitcake on the way home?

Remove everything from the home. Buy a policeman's costume. When Santa shows up, strut out with your billy club and say, "Well, well, they always return to the scene of the crime."

Decorate your tree with Easter eggs.

Leave out your Christmas list, full of last-minute subtractions and additions.

Set up your living room like a workshop and dress lots of neighborhood kids up as elves. When Santa arrives, say, "Back so soon?"

Santa doesn't leave until that bicycle is put together. Correctly.


[originally seen in Mikey's Funnies with several additions from around the Web]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph." (Shirley Temple Black)

+++


Mark's Musings flies in on an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note on my profile, and comes with a bow on an e-mail each weekday. Ho-Ho here to get your own subscription.

No comments: