Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Bad Glasses

This is probably a sad thing, but I tend to spend most of my waking hours - not all, mind you, but most - in front of a computer monitor. Whether I'm at work, or at home. (The other few hours each day are spent with my family, my band, or behind the wheel of a vehicle.)

To help with all this computing, I'm going to use a tool that I've just discovered and downloaded, called Eye Defender. It's a little program that, at a time preset by you, will display one of several items to remind you, "hey, it's time to take a break and give your eyes a rest."

Now, if they had one for the Carpal Tunnel that's haunting my wrists....

+++

So a woman walks into the optometry store to return a pair of eyeglasses she had purchased the week before.

"What seems to be the problem, ma'am?" the optometrist inquired.

"Well, I bought these glasses for my husband last week and they're just not working," the woman complained.

"Perhaps the lens grinder made an error in filling the prescription."

"I'm sure he must have," the woman confirmed. "He's still not seeing things my way."


[Clean Hewmor via Ed Peacher's Laughter for a Saturday]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: If eyelashes are supposed to help keep dirt, dust and other foreign matter out of my eyes, why is it the thing I get in my eye most often is an eyelash? Shouldn't the other eyelashes be keeping that one out?

+++


Mark's Musings can be seen on an RSS Feed, on a Facebook Note, or right in your own Inbox each weekday by clicking here.

No comments: