Friday, September 04, 2009

Random Thoughts III - 2009

Normally I try doing five posts of these each year, but this year the calendar and celebrity deaths have kind of thrown me off schedule. In fact, today I should be doing a "back-to-school" post, but I'll save that for next week.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

RANDOM ACTS of THINKING
Part the Third

Do chickens think rubber humans are funny?

I wish, as a baby, my first word would have been "quote." Then, with my dying breath, I could have said, "unquote."

All those driving direction maps on the Internet really need to start their directions at about #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

My grandmother knew how to give true beauty tips. For example, she said to give yourself a morning facial, take a warm, fluffy bath towel and drape it over the mirror.

So I'm on a new diet of coconuts and bananas. I haven't lost any weight, but I can really climb a tree, now.

I always cry at the movies. And always in the same place. Right in front of the ticket window.

I'm an English major. You do the math.

If you're not part of the solution ... then we have a lot in common.

I'm pretty sure my daughter cares about cleaning up the planet ... now if I could just convince her that her bedroom is part of the planet....

Hyperbole is the best thing ever!

I've been described as a lighthouse in the middle of a swamp. Brilliant, but useless!

Shouldn't prime time TV be only at 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11 o'clock?

I drove my car late at night because I wanted to burn the midnight oil.

Someday is not on my calendar. Yours?

My wife thinks I'm too nosy. Well, at least that's what she keeps scribbling in her diary.


[stolen, selected, scraped up, sorted, and strung together from Steven Wright, Top Greetings, Hallmark's Maxine, Randy Glasbergen, Joe's Clean Laffs, Scott Adams, and the mind of Mark Raymond]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Working today and tomorrow, then enjoying the unofficial end of summer with a long Labor Day weekend. I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: List member Dianne F. put me on to a website that has all manner of interesting little articles and facts about your finances at http://www.walletpop.com/. It covers credit, loans, retirement, taxes, mortgages, and more.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday - to nearly 600 of you - using Ezine Director and I pay a little extra every day to make sure my posts are certified by Habeas to be a safe source of e-mail. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and otherwise pleasantly click your mouse (and I recommend you also hum a merry tune) at my web site. If you need to change your e-mail address or you're all mused out and need to unsubscribe, use the "Change Subscription" or "Cancel Subscription" links at the very bottom of this page, but click with care, please. To contact me and sooner or later get a reply, click here. To get up on time, make sure you drink a full glass of water immediately prior to going to sleep. You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. In the long run, it probably doesn't matter who gets the credit, but my credits tell others where to find me, and I hope that's important. Original material and musings © 2009 by Mark Raymond. I update my blog with a copy of this post daily and occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all that extra material up with one click. Some of it is really cool, too. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/baldmark/. Should auld acquaintance be forgot, they probably weren't that good a friend in the first place.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." (Henry J. Kaiser)

No comments: