Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Service

Calendar note: today is the autumnal equinox, or "Fall" in other words. So named, one presumes, for all the leaves that fall out of the trees during this season.

Hey, my wife spent much of Monday night watching "Dancing with the Stars" while whipping up some steaks for our lunch today. (Well, we were supposed to have them for Monday supper, but best-laid plans and all that.)

This might be a handy little gadget next time you need to cook something. It's a frying pan with a digital thermometer built right into the handle (removable for dishwashing).

They're currently sold out but stuff that sells that well gets restocked pretty quickly.

+++

The other day I went to a restaurant that I hadn't been to in some time. It was quite busy but I was in no hurry.

When the waiter came to take my order, I remarked, "You know, it's been ten years since I came in here."

The waiter gave me a sympathetic look and said, "I am sorry sir, but I'm working as fast as I can."


[Top Greetings]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "Winter is an etching, Spring a watercolor, Summer an oil painting, and Autumn a mosaic of them all." (Stanley Horowitz)

+++


Mark's Musings sizzles on an RSS Feed and also heats up your Inbox via e-mail each weekday. Fall into your own subscription here. Facebookers: Please click "View Original Post" and leave your comments there.

No comments: