Friday, August 14, 2009

What I've Learned, Part Two

Okay, here we go. It's your turn.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WHAT I'VE LEARNED
Part the Second

Age 11 - I've learned that Mom likes it when I call a male mannequin a fake dude. A female mannequin is called a fake dudette.

Age 38 - I've learned that if you passionately kiss a young lady in the exact manner she is kissing you, she'll think you're a great kisser.

Age 38 - I've learned that adding the right amount of sweet chili sauce will make almost any food tasty enough to eat.

Age 38 - I've learned it's best to teach your children to say "Momma" as their first word because that's who'll they'll call when they wake up in the middle of the night.

Age 38 - I've learned that being "cool" is worth nothing compared to being loved.

Age 45 - I've learned that no matter how strapped we think we are for cash, there's always some to be found for our family.

Age 52 - I've learned that the greatest truths in life are the ones we have to learn over and over again.

Age 53 - I've learned that it's better first to listen, next to think, and only then to speak ... or not speak.

Age 54 - I've learned that there are second chances.

Age 54 - I've learned you can't live in the "what if's" or the "only if's," you need to forgive yourself for past choices and get on with living.

Age 56 - I've learned to do what you do, and do it well.

Age 56 - I learned that I don't know everything and I don't *need* to know everything.

Age 59 - I've learned that I shouldn't ask for a lighter load, but for a stronger back.

Age 61 - I've learned that to acquire patience, you have to already have it!

Age 77 - I've learned that no matter how tough things are for you, there is always someone else who has it tougher ... so quit complaining and be thankful!

Age 78 - I've learned that not many people care what I say or think.

Age 79 - I've learned that the most important things in life aren't things.

Age 79 - I've learned that our lives, our health, our relationships, our legacy are what WE make them.


[submitted by Mark's Musings list members]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A little short-handed in my department at the Post Office, so my workload there has doubled, and I'm scheduled to work 12 out of the next 14 days. Fortunately, it's the kind of work I can leave at the time clock when I punch out.

So I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: Do you like chocolate? I mean, *really* like chocolate? Then visit http://www.extremechocolate.com/. I don't think I've seen a more complete site on one subject in quite some time.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday - at some point during that 24-hour period - using Ezine Director and I pay a little extra every day to make sure those folks are certified by Habeas to be a safe sender of e-mail. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and otherwise pleasantly click your mouse at my web site. To contact me and sooner or later get a reply, click here. Lots of band rehearsals and concerts coming up next week. Pray for us. You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. Set a good example for your children. Original material and musings © 2009 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of my post daily and occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all that extra material up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/baldmark/. People who shave: you prefer electric or the classic razor blade?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "Beware of the man who won't be bothered with details." (William Feather)

No comments: