Thursday, August 20, 2009

Six Words


26 years ago today the woman there at the right agreed to intertwine her future with mine.

I cannot sing her praises enough, folks. She's funny, she's beautiful, she has such a kind heart, she's sexy, and perhaps most importantly, she seems to have not much trouble putting up with my stuff and nonsense.

She has also taught herself to be something of an amateur photographer. To celebrate this remarkable woman and her newly-found skills, I have placed several of her photos - we call them "Bonnie World" - in a special section of my website, accessible only from the link here. TIP - Want to see them even bigger? Right-click on the photo and then left-click on "View Image." (Works for Mozilla Firefox browsers only.)

I would love to build her a website where she could retail these pictures. For now, this is just my tribute to a very special lady who has come alongside me in this journey we call life.

+++

LIFE AND LOVE IN HALF A DOZEN WORDS

Unending journey, undying passion, unclaimed baggage.

Romance blossomed then. Love blooms now.

Good housekeeper. I got the house.

First love lost, 14; married, 50.

After 30 years ... alone, not lonely.

He took my hoe. I followed.

Met very young. Growing old together.


[AARP magazine]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." (Proverbs 3:3)

+++


Mark's Musings romances an RSS Feed and also arrives via e-mail each weekday. Love your very own subscription here! Reading this on Facebook? Click "View Original Post" just below to get to my entire blog.

No comments: