Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Don't Tell Mom


Well, apparently while I was out of town last week, I missed "National Underwear Day."

Many retailers are holding sales and contests all month long, however.

In honor of today's topic, I'm keeping my remarks brief.

+++

THINGS MOM NEVER WANTS TO HEAR

"The dog doesn't like dressing up in your underwear."

"Goldfish taste terrible!"

"But DAD says that word all the time!"

"My teacher wants to see you."

"What's it cost to fix a window?"

"Have you seen Freddy, my snake?"

"I painted your shoes real pretty, huh?"


[selected from Pastor Tim's Clean Laughs]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "So much kitchen equipment is bought indiscriminately in department stores by people who just come in for men's underwear." (Julia Childs)

+++


Mark's Musings comes on a fresh RSS Feed and via e-mail each weekday. Dress up your own subscription here. Facebook users: click "View Original Post" in the Comments section to see my full blog.

No comments: