Thursday, July 30, 2009

What To Do


If you're interested in the "Cash for Clunkers" program part of the Federal Stimulus, you have until November 1, 2009 - or until the rest of the $1 billion runs out (there's $858 million left as I write this) - to get into it.

Here's a news release about the program from the Environmental Protection Agency, and here's the official website and full rules.

But hey, does your car meet the requirements? The EPA recently tweaked the list of eligible vehicles. Oddly, our 1997 van that gets about 18 miles per gallon is not on the list, but our 1999 passenger car that gets around 24 miles per gallon is. Weird. Anyway, here's that list.

+++

Driving to the supermarket one day, I turned left into a parking row and accidentally struck another car that was backing out.

There was just enough damage done that the other driver would need to file a police report to get her insurance company to pay for it and she was livid.

A few weeks later my husband and I were helping a friend with her yard sale, when that same woman sauntered up the driveway, checking out the items my friend had laid out for sale.

"There's that woman from my accident," I frantically whispered to my husband. "What should I do?"

My husband had no sympathy. "Just go up to her," he advised, "and say 'Nice bumping into you again.' "


[Clean Humor Digest; retold by Mark Raymond]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another -- and all the more as you see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10:25)

+++


Mark's Musings dents an RSS Feed and also rolls into your Inbox each weekday via e-mail. Bump into your very own subscription here! Facebook users can see my whole accident-waiting-to-happen blog here.

No comments: