Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hat Budget

In a recession (which I think is a depression but everyone's afraid to say that), money is always tight.

So here's 23 things you can do for under $20. Most of them lean toward things women may enjoy more than men, but hey, the ideas did come from Woman's Day magazine.

Hey, remember that next week is the "Great Blog Experiment." I will be out of town and posting only to the blog all week long. If you haven't marked it as a favorite in IE or bookmarked it in Firefox, now might be a good time.

+++

A certain wholesale dealer had a lot of trouble getting one of his retail agents to pay for the merchandise shipped to him. He finally lost his patience and wrote the man a letter threatening a lawsuit.

He received this reply:

"What do you mean by writing me a letter like that? Every month I place all my bills in a hat. I then figure out how much money I have to pay on my accounts. Then I have my bookkeeper draw bills out of the hat until I run out of money. If you don't like this method of doing business, I won't even put your bills into the hat!"


[Joe's Clean Laffs]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: Is there a shorter interval of time than the one between setting aside a little money for an emergency and the arrival of that emergency?

+++


Mark's Musings is available on an RSS Feed and also via e-mail each weekday (except next week). See yourself getting your own subscription - for free! - here. If reading this on Facebook, check out my full blog.

No comments: