Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Hugs


I know I don't hug my daughter enough. I need to get better at doing it. There's nothing like a warm, physical touch to affirm your love for someone. And I mean in a good way, of course. Not overdoing it or being sarcastic with it, or heaven forfend, being creepy about it.

But these kids, I think, may be taking things too far...?

I don't know. You tell me.

+++

My husband and I had made some huge changes in our lives.

He had been on a strict diet and exercise regimen and had recently lost 50 pounds. And after being a homemaker our entire marriage, I had just gotten a job in a local restaurant.

I returned home from work after my first morning shift and gave my husband a great big hug.

For some reason, he seemed to cling to me much longer than usual.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "Did you miss me that much?"

"No, not really," he replied, still holding me close, "but you smell so much like pancakes I just hate to let you go!"


[Clean Humor Digest]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "A hug is a smile with arms, a laugh with a stronger grip." (Terri Guillemets)

+++


This blog is available via RSS Feed or you can hug your Inbox. Get your own subscription here.

No comments: