Friday, May 29, 2009

Random Thoughts II - 2009

Time for another round of Random Thoughts. It's been nearly three months since your last episode, and I try to do one about every ten weeks.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

RANDOM ACTS OF THINKING, 2009
Part the Second

I got a check marked "Insufficient Funds" back from my bank ... in these uncertain economic times, I had to call and ask if they were talking about themselves or me.

I Xeroxed a mirror. Now I have an extra Xerox machine.

If I melted a whole lot of dry ice, could I swim in it and not get wet?

I bought a car with seat heaters. At least I think it has them. The owner's manual says there's a button for a "rear defroster."

One of my favorite bookstores went out of business. The owner posted a sign on his door that read, "Words failed me."

Somebody once asked me how many books I've read in my lifetime. I don't know. I'm not dead, yet.

My Dad once bought me a really cheap dictionary. I couldn't find the words to thank him.

Knowledge is power, but it still won't run my appliances.

There are three types of furniture: Antique, modern, and comfortable.

I think I know why cows always look so sad. They've finally figured out they are actually TWO of the four food groups.

I walked three miles this morning. But only because I forgot where I parked.

An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but an onion a day keeps *everybody* away.

They say you need to listen to what your body is telling you. Mine just points and laughs.


[commandeered, captured, coerced, co-opted, cleaned, and credited to Mikey's Funnies, Charlie's Chuckles, Top Greetings, list member Cliff R., Menards, Shoe, Hallmark's Maxine, and the mind of Mark Raymond]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My training for the first phase of the new job is done and I now I start working every Saturday. So that's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Oh, and then probably going to the carnival.

I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: So you need to hire a professional to get something done ... whether it's a handyman, a pool service, landscaping, roofing, general contracting, new doctor, dentist, pediatrician, or maybe just a good caterer ... but who can you trust? Trust Angie. http://www.angieslist.com/ provides references - by real people, just like yourself - for all those services and much more for service providers in your area.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday - usually in the wee hours of the morning (EST) - using Ezine Director and I pay a little extra every day to make sure those folks are certified by Habeas to be a safe sender of e-mail. That means you can trust what I send. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and otherwise click your day away at my web site. To contact me and sooner or later get a reply, click here. At times like these, it would certainly help to know what I'm doing. You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. These are indoor credits. They wouldn't know what to do on their own out in the great big world without the post. Please don't subject them to that. It's just cruel. Original material and musings © 2009 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of my post daily and occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Hasn't happened for awhile. I blame a lack of sleep. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring it all up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Wayyyy past my bedtime.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else." (James M. Barrie)

No comments: