Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Smarter

In my new job, I have to get my body out of bed about 3:00 a.m. every day and, frankly, my circadian rhythms are struggling to make that work for me. I am plum tuckered out.

So, my apologies, but just the joke today. I gotta go take a nap!

+++

Feeling listless, I bought some expensive "brain stimulating" pills at our local health food store, but I didn't bother to read the label until I got home.

"Oh, I can't believe it!" I exclaimed in complaint to my husband. "This is just rosemary extract!"

"So?" he said.

"So I can't believe I paid so much for something that's growing wild all over the backyard!"

"See?" he intoned. "You're smarter already."


[Reader's Digest]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: Why does it take so much to prove you're smart but only one thing to prove you're an idiot?

+++


Mark's Musings arrives via RSS Feed or e-mail each weekday. Get your own subscription and prove you're smart with one quick click here.

No comments: