Friday, May 01, 2009

Pablo Picasso


My wife is in Florida as I write this, on her semiannual trip to help her Mom transport her stroke-impaired stepfather to and from their winter home near Tampa. (Thanks to Tampa International Airport Chaplain and list member Shields Moore for greeting her upon arrival. Shields also runs his own list, called "ChapNotes.")

So, back home here in Michigan, it's just my daughter, Amanda, and I this weekend.

Pray for us. If things go as they normally do, by the time Bonnie returns on Monday, our house will look like a Picasso painting.

Speaking of which....

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

THE WIT AND WISDOM OF PABLO PICASSO

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.

Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.

I begin with an idea and then it becomes something else.

There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot and there are others who transform a yellow spot into the sun.

Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.

I always do what I cannot do so I learn how to do it.

I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.

Good taste is the enemy of creativity.

We all know that art is not the truth, art is a lie that makes us realize the truth.

I'd like to live like a poor man with a lot of money.

We always have a lot of reasons but only one real one.

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.


[selected from artblog.net]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

So, I've told you about my weekend often enough. What are you doing over the next two days?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: The Swine Flu is all up in our face via the news these days, so this may be a good time and place to find out more about it, thanks to Live Science at http://www.livescience.com/health/090427-flu-q-and-a.html. It's actually a four-part article, but this page will give you a good overview. There are links at the bottom of the article to go back or go on if you want the whole magilla.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is available via RSS Feed and also in your Inbox each weekday. Those e-mails are sent using Ezine Director and I pay a little extra every day to make sure those folks are certified by Habeas to be a safe sender of e-mail. That means you can trust what I send. And I promise never to send spam or give your address to anyone who will. Cross my heart. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and otherwise click your day away at my web site. (There are years of archival jokes and links, for instance, and at least three years of "Web Sites of the Week" to browse. More to come, one day.) To contact me and sooner or later get a reply, click here. If they crossed the swine flu with the bird flu, would you get the "When Pigs Fly Flu"? You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. The credits should cling to the post like a flood victim clings to a roof. Desperately. Original material and musings © 2009 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of what I post in the e-mail daily and occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" there in the list on the right and you can bring it all up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. This product is meant for entertainment and occasionally emotional enrichment purposes only.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "It's too bad I'm not as wonderful a person as people say I am, because the world could use a few people like that." (Alan Alda)

No comments: