Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vacation

Well, I was offline from early Monday morning until about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday night. Did anything important happen?

With some kind help from a friend of my wife, I have my gargantuan new desk set up in my freshly redecorated office and I'm ready to start moving in. In fact, I have the next 12 days off work in which to do it. This is the first vacation I've had all year where I wasn't on union business or traveling.

The sleep alone will be glorious.

+++

Two retired professors were vacationing with their wives at a resort hotel.

They were sitting on their verandah one evening, after a long day of play in the sun and pool, watching the sun set.

The professor who taught history turned to the psychology professor and asked, "Have you read Marx?"

To which the professor of psychology replied, "Yes. I think it's these awful wicker chairs."


[Clean Humor Digest]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "A good vacation is over when you begin to yearn for your work." (Morris Fishbein)

+++


Mark's Musings is available via RSS Feed and e-mail each weekday. Get your own subscription with a click here.

No comments: