Thursday, November 05, 2009

More Tom Swifties

NOTE OF PERSONAL PRIVILEGE: Hey, my Dad's having surgery this morning. The injuries he sustained in their motor vehicle collision three years ago have finally reached the point where they need serious medical intervention. Please have a kind thought or a good prayer, and I bless you for that, one and all.

===

I don't know if you can tell, but I read a lot. I think I must get it from my parents, who have nearly insulated their home with shelves of books. If the place ever caught fire, it would burn for days.

I mostly read science fiction, though I do read literature of other stripes - theology, productivity, contemporary fiction, biographies, etc. But no matter what you like, you're bound to find something on this list.

+++

A FEW MORE TOM SWIFTIES

"So you think you can break this code?" Tom asked cryptically.

"Blow on the fire ... it will burn better!" he bellowed.

"I hope Sarge doesn't catch me AWOL," Tom thought absently.

"I was just in the dorm rooms; no one's bed is made" Sally complained in a blanket statement.

"I *will* get that transfer to the Canine Corps," Tom said doggedly.

"I'm re-reading the second Gospel," Tom remarked.

"Halt! Who goes there?" he inquired guardedly.

"You, my friend, are losing your hair," Tom said baldly.

"Thank you for shredding the cheese," said Sally gratefully.

"This will be the toughest exam of your year," the professor attested.


[selected from Chris White's Top Five on the Military, and JokeMaster]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts." (2 Corinthians 3:2-3)

+++


"Subscribe to my post; it's free and there are hardly any commercials," he said advisedly, by clicking here. You could also use the RSS Feed to the right on my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.