Friday, November 13, 2009

Make My Day II

I thought I'd revisit the recent posts at "It Made My Day." Well, at least the family-friendly ones.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

IT MADE MY DAY, AGAIN

I recently wore my glasses to work for the first time. My co-workers were making lame jokes about how I looked like Clark Kent. A few minutes later I started laughing really hard when I remembered I had put on my Superman boxer shorts that morning. It made my day.

I work at a very large church and while doing a routine light bulb change in the auditorium, one of our piano players came in, turned on our enormous PA system, and began playing dramatic music while I changed small light bulbs. It made my day.

I raised my hand in Cryptography class and said I had a question. My professor asked me what it was. I replied, "an interrogative statement used to test knowledge and gather information, but that's not important right now." It made my day, and his.

The other day I told my boss that the reason he doesn't make any mistakes is because he never does any work. He agreed and laughed. It made my day.

I was sitting at the table with my one-year old sister when she picked up a crayon, licked it, and then threw it down. I picked it up and was amused to see that the color of the crayon was "bittersweet." It made my day.

I was walking my dog when a purse snatcher ran by and stole the poop bag I was carrying. It made my day.

This morning I was walking down a road in my neighborhood when I began hearing very loud, epic-sounding music coming from a nearby apartment. As I got closer, I realized the music was from the "Lord of the Rings" soundtrack. I yelled, "For Frodooooooo!" and someone in the apartment yelled back, "Elendiiiiiiiiiil!" It made my day.

The automatic doors at a store I was trying to enter got jammed and wouldn't open. A young guy walked past me, grabbed the doors, and yanked them open for me. He then turned back to me, smiled, and said, "You have to use the Force." It made my day.

I was sitting with my 12-year old cousin, and I was barefoot, though I did have on tan nylons. She must have gotten bored because she started picking at my feet. So I grabbed at the loose nylon near my ankle and pulled it out a bit, saying, "This darn skin is so stretchy since I lost that 300 pounds." She screamed "Ewwwww!" and ran off. It made my day.


[selected from itmademyday.com]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Well, it's that time of year again. My wife makes her semi-annual pilgrimage to Florida for a week tomorrow, helping her mom transport her stroke-impaired step-dad to their winter home. Pray that they have a good trip and that the house is still in relatively the same shape as she left it by next Friday.

And with that, I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: Google Earth has teamed up with photo gallery site Flickr to create an "Earth Album" at http://www.earthalbum.com/. Click anywhere on the map and photos come up for that state or country. Since the photos are based on the top picks at Flickr, they change periodically, so you may want to bookmark the site and come back again and again for fresh pics. It's a great way to get a sneak peek at your next vacation destination.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday, when I get around to it, using Ezine Director and I pay a little extra every day to make sure my posts are certified by Habeas to be a safe source of e-mail. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and click through the pages over at my web site. To contact me and one day get a reply, click here. I'm on vacation so I'm not thinking up anything funny to go in this spot. No apologies. You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. Keeping the credits on makes my day. Original material and musings © 2009 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of my post daily and occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all that extra material up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/baldmark/. Found the checkbook! Yay!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "No race can prosper until it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem." (Booker T. Washington)

No comments: