Thursday, November 19, 2009

Star Trek Quotes


I apologize for my nerdiness being in full bloom today.

When this arrived in my Inbox from the folks at How Stuff Works, I couldn't resist passing it on.

The best science fiction takes our current society and trends, then imagines what they will look like and do to us years and years and quite often, millennia, from now.

Star Trek was among the best Sci-Fi out there, apparently.

+++

QUOTES FROM STAR TREK EVERYONE CAN ENJOY

"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in the whole universe, three million million galaxies like ours. And in all that, and perhaps more ... only *one* of each of us." (Dr. McCoy)

"Do you want to tell me what's bothering you or would you like to break some more furniture?" (Deanna Troi)

"The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." (Dr. McCoy)

"How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." (James Kirk)

"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know." (Jean Luc Picard)

"It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not weakness. That is life." (Jean Luc Picard)

"Money is money, but women ... are better." (Nog, a Ferengi)

"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind." (The Android Data)

"Curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want." (Spock)

"Act, and you shall have dinner; wait, and you shall be dinner." (A Klingon Proverb)


[with thanks to John Petrie at the University of Georgia]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "We live by faith, not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:7)

+++


Mark's Musings goes to warp on an RSS Feed and is also available via e-mail each weekday. Energize your Inbox with a copy of my post by clicking here.