Thursday, August 05, 2010

School Movies

Well, yesterday was just a blog update as my time spun away from me, much like this evening is doing. It was an interesting, if somewhat disturbing, post about taking a shower.

And today, despite an hour or two looking, I've not found any tidbit worthy of a musing for you. So here's at least a joke lest I miss your Inbox two days in a row. Heaven forbid!

+++

[Note from Mark: My wife and I were going to see a movie on my day off today. We enjoy going to the first matinee on a mid-week day ... we're usually the only ones in the theater. But today, just as we pulled into the parking lot, a bus load of children pulled up to the entrance. To our chagrin, we discovered they were there to see the same movie we had planned on viewing. Being snobbish about our quiet movie ritual, we decided to go out for brunch together instead. Which brings me to...]

TOP BACK-TO-SCHOOL MOVIES

Saving Freshman Ryan

The Lunch Bell Always Rings Twice

Rebel Without A Hall Pass

Anne of Times Tables

Close Encounters of the Third Period

Lord of the Ring Binders

I Know What You Did Last Summer (in 500 words or less)

Twelve Angry Lunchroom Ladies


[selected from Chris White's Top Five on Movies]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "Jesus replied, 'If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.' " (John 14:23)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: