Friday, March 12, 2010

Einstein's Advice


That Einstein fellow, he knew a thing or two.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

10 LIFE LESSONS from ALBERT EINSTEIN

1. Follow your curiosity.
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

2. Perseverance is priceless.
"It's not that I'm so smart; it's just that I stay with problems longer."

3. Focus on the present.
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

4. The imagination is powerful.
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge."

5. Make mistakes.
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."

6. Live in the moment.
"I never think of the future ... it comes soon enough."

7. Create value.
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."

8. Don't do the same thing and expect different results.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

9. Knowledge comes from experience.
"Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience."

10. Be better at the game.
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."


[by Mr. Self Development via Dumb Little Man blog; all quotations from Albert Einstein; tiny little editing tweaks by MR]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Tomorrow I have a band gig, a union meeting, and a baby shower. All at the same time. I really wish they'd get that instant transporter technology perfected.

(sigh) I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: What do you do when a family member borrows money and won't pay it back? What's a good answer for people who get too nosy about your personal life? How should you handle that rude person in the office? Find the time-honored advice of Emily Post and the folks working for the Emily Post Institute at http://www.etiquettedaily.com/. Also check out http://www.thegiftofgoodmanners.com/, a companion blog.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday using Ezine Director and I pay a little more to make sure my posts are certified by Habeas to be a safe source of e-mail. That means no ads, no spam, and no worries. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and do other things over at my web site. To contact me and someday get a reply, click here. I know it's hard to believe, but I am wrong on occasion. You can forward or reprint Mark's Musings freely but please keep the credits attached. The credits never get grumpy about being left off the post, but I sure do. Original material and musings © 2010 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of my e-mail post daily (plus I often add graphics) and very occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all that extra material up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/baldmark/. This post is magically delicious.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." (Ellen Parr)

No comments: