Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coffee 23


Pretty nice mosaic pictured above, eh? Well, at least if you're using HTML in your e-mail browser. Blog readers can see this picture (and three more below) just to the left. This was created at the "Aroma Festival at the Rocks" in Sydney, Australia.

It is, of course, the Mona Lisa. What makes this worthy of Mark's Musings is that it was made with 3,604 cups of coffee. Black, with cream (no mention of sugar), some latté, some with just milk and no coffee ... but, yeah, coffee.

Think I'll go make some.

+++

BOOK OF COFFEE
Chapter 23

Caffeine is my shepherd, I shall not doze.

It causeth me to wake from deep dreaming.

It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.

It restoreth my buzz.

It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for my day job's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction, I will fear no cat naps, for thou art in my thermos.

Thy cream and thy sugar, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of a barista.

Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.

Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of Maxwell forever.


[Syman Says via Ed Peacher's Laughter for a Saturday; edits and some rewrites by Mark Raymond]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." (1 Corinthians 10:31)

+++

Mark's Musings is brewed up daily on an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle, and e-mail. Drink up your own subscription by clicking here.


No comments: