Thursday, June 11, 2009

Light Bulbs


By the time most of you read this, I'll be finishing my packing and on my way to a union educational conference in a city about an hour north of here. It's my first one in 15 years, but I'll bet they haven't changed much.

And I have *so* much to get done between writing this on Wednesday night and leaving on Thursday morning that I pray you'll forgive me for providing just the joke today.

+++

MORE LIGHT BULB JOKES

How many art directors does it take to change a light bulb?
"Does it have to be a light bulb?"

How many grad students does it take to change a light bulb?
Just one, but it takes ten years.

How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
Two: One to hold the giraffe and one to put the clocks in the bathtub.

How many telemarketers does it take to change a light bulb?
Only one, but she has to do it while you're eating dinner.

How many chiropractors does it take to change a light bulb?
One, but it takes three visits.

How many communists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None ... the bulb contains the seeds of its own revolution!

How many real estate agents does it take to change a light bulb?
Ten, but we'll accept eight.


[selected from A Prairie Home Companion's Pretty Good Joke Book]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.' " (John 8:12)

+++


Mark's Musings is available on an RSS Feed there to the right and also via e-mail each weekday. Brighten up your day with your very own subscription here.

No comments: