Friday, January 14, 2011

Revisiting IMMD


Just because I need a little pick-me-up.

+++

REVISITING "IT MADE MY DAY"

My hubby was having trouble getting our cat off the laptop computer, not wanting to "disturb" her by picking her up. Usually she'll come when you call, but this time she was completely ignoring him ... until he promised to buy her a cheeseburger if she moved off the computer. Then she hopped right off! The best part? When my husband came home from work today, he had brought a cheeseburger for her, just as he promised! It Made My Day.

I have leukemia and just started losing my hair from the treatments. My little brother came home from school on Friday with a few of his friends. They had all shaved their heads! It made me cry, but It Made My Day.

I nanny for two very active boys, ages 7 and 10. While I normally love my job the longer hours spent with them over Christmas break were getting to me. I took them out for pizza and gave them each $2 for the attached arcade in hopes of getting ten minutes to myself. As I saw the boys using up their last tokens, I was a little sad that my quiet time was up. Just then the world's best waitress pulled two fistfuls of tokens from her apron and lay them on my table, saying, "Here, I'm tired of carrying these around." The extra thirty minutes of sanity Made My Day!

Today my direct supervisor got a promotion at work, but instead of accepting the small raise that went with it, she requested my boss give it to me, because I was her hardest worker and hadn't received a raise at all in 2009. It Made My Year!

My fiancé and I were standing in the kitchen, waiting to take the pizza out of the oven when it was done. He leaned down in front of the oven door and said, "Cooooooooook." Then, while still bent over, he turned to my seven-months along pregnant belly and said it again. We both cracked up and It Made Our Day.

When I was in Middle School, I was picked on and bullied by another girl in school. After moving away and finishing my studies, I got a job with the police force in my old home town. A short time later, the girl who had given me so much trouble back then was arrested on drug charges. I was the arresting officer. The look on her face when she realized who I was Made My Day.


[selected from It Made My Day.com]

+++

WEBSITE of the WEEK: My wife has a milestone birthday coming up this year, so I'm going to start hanging out at http://www.freebirthdaytreats.com/. It's a website that lets you know which companies offer free and discounted items on your own personal holiday. A tip o'the Mark's Musings cap to Ms. Kim Komando.

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: