Friday, February 19, 2010

Random Thoughts I - 2010

Let's see if I can scrape up a baker's dozen of my random thoughts. First batch of the year.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

RANDOM ACTS of THINKING, 2010
Part the First

Video games have ruined my life. It's a good thing I built up a stash of eight extra ones.

The problem with foreign cookbooks is that we can't always get the parts we need for the meals.

God heals. Doctors bill.

How come, when you open a can of evaporated milk, it's still there?

A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.

Don't judge a book by its movie.

Overheard at the airport: "Mr. Maniac, Mr. Klepto Maniac. Please return the white courtesy phone."

Facebook is getting ridiculous. It's now suggesting I "friend" people who sat three stalls down from me in my high school restroom.

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

People who say that onions are the only food that makes you cry have clearly never been hit with a watermelon.

Why do the signs that say "Slow Children" have a picture of a running child?

Boy, if I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar....

I will *not* trust my money to those people at Fifth Third Bank. If they knew anything about math, they'd be One-and-Two-Thirds Bank.


[Syman Says, Facebook's Status King Application, Mikey's Funnies, and the mind of Mark Raymond]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Some folk from my band are singing at our church this weekend for an event we call "Beat the Winter Blahs," which is a catered dinner and silent auction to raise money for our local missions team. Pray for good results all around.

And I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: Find out just about everything you'd like to know about Samuel Clemens, a.k.a. Mark Twain, at http://www.marktwainproject.org/. Not only can you access his writing, you can read more than 2,000 letters he sent, and biographies of the people mentioned in his books.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday using Ezine Director and I pay a little more to make sure my posts are certified by Habeas to be a safe source of e-mail. That means no ads, no spam, and no worries. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and do other things over at my web site. To contact me and someday get a reply, click here. Sorry about the late posts this week. I'll try to get back on my regular morning schedule next week. You can forward or reprint Mark's Musings freely but please keep the credits attached. The credits want you to get off their lawn. Original material and musings © 2010 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of my e-mail post daily (plus I often add graphics) and very occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all that extra material up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/baldmark/. Well, the "Adventures of Michael Mitty" are over; what shall I write about now?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "It is good to obey all the rules when you're young, so you'll have the strength to break them when you're old." (Mark Twain)

1 comment:

SusanB said...

I've got a Mother in Law who takes her business to one and 2/3 bank.. I'll be sure to share this one!! < =D

Soooo, will there be a book2 on Mr. Mitty? Or, are we all to assume that he's finally gained control of his sensesss..... oh, never mind, that was a silly thought. ;)