Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Football Celebrity?

I know I overlooked the Super Bowl results yesterday, but I wanted to post about the Boy Scouts on the day of their anniversary.

I actually watched the entire game, and ALL of the commercials. I remember laughing out loud a few times, chuckling once or twice, and smiling a bunch ... but nothing blew me away this year.

Oh, wait, the Snickers® commercial featuring two classic TV stars did. I laughed until I stopped.

See them all - or see them again - at Hulu's Adzone.

+++

The night before we were to attend a celebrity golf tournament, my friend Irene went to a party in honor of the event. Several of the famous athletes who were playing in the tournament were at the door, greeting guests. Among them was Joe Montana, the pro football Hall of Fame quarterback and Super Bowl winner.

Shaking Irene's hand, he said, "Hi! Joe Montana."

Well, Irene didn't know Joe Montana from Joe Six-Pack, so in all sincerity she extended her hand and said, "Irene. Minnesota."


[Roger Lee via Reader's Digest Online]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "Most football players are temperamental. That's 90 percent temper and 10 percent mental." (Doug Plank)

+++


This blog calls for a draw play on an RSS Feed, goes off tackle with a Facebook Note, tosses up a long bomb on an Amazon Kindle, and does an end run into your Inbox via e-mail each weekday. Drop back ten and click here to subscribe.

No comments: