Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Trees


Tomorrow is Earth Day.

So many clicks at that site, so little time, I know....

+++

WITH APOLOGIES TO JOYCE KILMER

I think that I shall never see
An e-mail lovely as a tree

A tree whose roots are full and deep
That seek for nurture while I sleep

A tree that looks at God all day
While I and keyboard slave away

A tree that may in summer bloom
Right outside my PC's room

Upon whose branches snow will set
While I still browse the Internet

These posts are written by fools like me
But only God can make a tree


[written mostly by Mark Raymond, based on the 1914 poem, "Trees" by Joyce Kilmer]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew." (Marshall McLuhan)

+++


Mark's Musings can be seeded into an RSS Feed over there on the right of your screen or come right to your Inbox via e-mail. Grow your own subscription by clicking here. It's free.

No comments: