Monday, April 06, 2009

Basketball Cell


I'll tell you what, I'm not really much of any kind of sports fan other than baseball. I give baseball my complete attention and am certainly what you would consider a devoted fan. At least of the American League and the finer points of the game itself.

Basketball? Not so much.

But I'll also tell you that I grew up a 10-minute bike ride from East Lansing and Michigan State University. I never attended the school, but having so much of my formative years spent near it, I am taking a special interest and pride in what their basketball team has done, here on the cusp of the NCAA Championship game this evening.

And, thanks to the Internet, if you can't get to a TV you can still watch for free here.

Go Green and White!

(And would my readers near North Carolina please allow me this moment of indulgence.)

+++

After a recent college basketball game, the coach spotted a cell phone lying on the floor. He picked it up and handed it to one of the referees, saying "Here's your phone."

"What makes you think it's mine?" the ref asked.

"Easy," the coach replied. "It says you missed 13 calls."


[selected from Top Greetings]

+++

WORD for YOUR WEEK: "Vincere" is Latin, meaning "to overcome." A more recognizable version is "vincible," which refers to something that is able to be overcome, or is defeatable. We use it more with the negative modifier "in" on the front to give us the word "invincible," which is something that is not able to be defeated. I thought it an appropriate word for today.

+++


Mark's Musings does a layup on an RSS Feed and via e-mail each weekday. Take a jump shot at your very own subscription by clicking here.

No comments: