Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Recycled Wrap

Are you getting a new computer or cell phone for Christmas? What do you plan to do with the old one?

At Earth911, you can use their search engine to specifically find a recycling center for your old tech. They also have lots of other interesting articles and ideas and even a weekly newsletter to help you save money and save the planet at the same time.

Now that's a win-win.

+++

All my relatives know that I refold the wrapping paper from my Christmas presents for use later.

"Aunt Jane," asked one of my young nieces, "why do you save all that paper?"

"I'm doing what's best for the environment," I replied. "So I'm recycling this paper."

But then my daughter pipes up, "Good thing you didn't ask that question five years ago ... then she was just plain cheap."

["Life in These United States" from Reader's Digest via Doc's Daily Chuckle]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: If I ride my bike to work and then ride it home again at night, can I call that recycling?

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent via RSS Feed and email each weekday. Get a brand new post every weekday with your own subscription for free by clicking here.

No comments: