Saturday, December 27, 2008

How Do You Pick Which Movie to See?


Say you and your spouse want to go to the movies. Or maybe it's you and your family. But you don't know which movie to see. There are several good choices and you're just having a hard time picking. This is where "Raymond's Rating System" will come in handy. My wife and I have used this system successfully for years.

My system does not rate how good the movie is ... rather, it rates your desire to see it. Here it is:

6 - I have got to see this movie!
5 - I would pay full price to see this movie.
4 - I'd like to see the movie, but only at matinee prices.
3 - I kind of want to see it, but only after I've seen everything else that's out.
2 - I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.

1 - No interest. The previews haven't done anything for me.
0 - You would have to pay me to see this movie. I actively dislike the whole concept.

Have everyone going to the movies (old enough to understand the system, anyway) rate how much they
want to see the movie - this works best if you rate all the movies currently out - add up the score, and the movie with the highest point total is the lucky winner.

You've selected a movie with a minimum of argument and the conclusion is obvious. Essentially, you have "elected" a movie.

It's not only a fuss-free way to pick a movie, it's a lesson in democracy!

No comments: