Thursday, December 04, 2008

Brotherly Letters

Sorry, my friends, but I need to do just a quick anecdote today.

+++

I ran short of money while visiting my brother, so he loaned me $50.

After I returned home, I wrote him a short letter every couple of weeks, enclosing a $5 check in each one. A couple of months into this, he called me one evening just to tell me how much enjoyed the letters, regardless of the money. I had never written regularly before.

Eventually I sent off a letter that contained the last $5, completing my repayment of the loan.

The next week I found an envelope in my mailbox. It was from my brother. Inside was a check for another $50.

[Pastor Tim's Cybersalt Digest]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:23-24)

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email and, as always, get your own subscription - for free - by clicking here.

No comments: