Thursday, November 27, 2008

Life's Little Gratitudes, 2008


Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

We'll be spending a good chunk of the day with extended family and the rest with our own little family of four. I'm looking forward to it. I hope you are looking forward to your day, as well.

And I hope I've captured your "little gratitudes" correctly. Thanks for all your submissions, folks. And the photos. And all the little side comments that came with. I read them all, loved them all, and only wish I had a better forum to share them all. (Gentle reminder that my blog also has a "Comments" feature ... feel free to share thoughts and such there. No photos yet, but lots of room for notes, stories, and other hobnobbing.)

So thanks again and if your submish isn't listed below, I probably didn't get it. Sorry!

Without further ado....

+++

LIFE'S LITTLE GRATITUDES, 2008
I'm Thankful For...

...the "nudge" our new puppy gives me about 3:00 a.m. every morning to go outside and go potty. Adopted from a local animal shelter, she's a new family member to love and one that loves us back three times more.

...sewer systems that finally work after a year of finding out what was wrong!

...our Lord and a wife that loves me; a home that is warm; and the ability to appreciate it all.

...my good dog, who faithfully greets me with enthusiasm when I come home and gets ecstatic about our daily walks.

...my truck. Hot cocoa after a morning of raking leaves.

...people who stop a long line of cars to let someone from the other lane in or to make a turn.

...a smile from a stranger; my happy dog; a good book.

...getting through a tricky intersection safely; the kind person who holds open a door for me when my hands are full.

...seeing my granddaughter's smile; holding my husband's hand.

...nappy wipes! (Diaper wipes ... good for cleaning up everything from poo to smooshed bugs.)

...finding that items on my grocery list are on sale, and I have coupons for a LOT of them.

...the dependable prayer warriors at church that you *know* will pray for your request.

...my dog, Tiger, when he's searching for moles in the backyard. His "stalking" antics make me laugh right out loud!

...surprise visits from my son; unplanned "bumped into each other" conversations with neighbors.

...friends who give us a place to stay until we find work; health since we have no healthcare; God for being so good.

...a husband who's put up with me for the past 43 years.

...that I can be a happy, contributing member of society.

...emails from Mark.

...my "Delete" button.

[submitted by list members Lisa H., Dave A., Cliff R., Will W., Sharon B., Randy W., Susan B., Steve P., Don C. from Down Under, Daffy H., Suzanne "Hershey Kitty," Judie "jckg46," Patricia K., and Mike B.]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." (Psalm 69:30)

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email. I'm thankful that so many of you have chosen to get your own subscription - for free - by clicking here.

No comments: