Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran Bus

It's Veteran's Day here in the U.S. A day to commemorate and honor our military veterans, who have sacrificed so much for us.

If you happen to encounter a serviceperson today, do what my wife does every day: shake his or her hand and say, "Thanks for serving!"

Find all kinds of information about the holiday as well as regional celebrations at the Veteran's Administration website.

+++

Fred accidentally gets on a bus full of war veterans but, realizing the bus is going his way, decides to ride along for a bit.

He first sits down next to a man who jerks his head to the left every few seconds, as if hoping to catch someone looking at him. After a few minutes of this, Fred can't take any more and asks, "What's wrong with you?"

"Sorry. I picked up this habit during the war and I can't seem to stop." So Fred switches seats.

He discovers in his new seat that he's being kicked in the backside every few seconds. So he turns around and there's a woman who's right leg is constantly twitching and spasms into a kick. "Would you kindly stop kicking me?" Fred asks.

"Sorry, I can't." the woman replies. "I got this in the war and now I can't control it."

Fred moves again.

This time he sits near a man who's left hand is flailing about erratically. Fred says, "Let me guess, you got that in the war, right?"

The reply was, "No, I got this out of my nose. Now I can't get it off my hand!"

[Get Amused Jokes]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep?" (George Canning)

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email. When you're finished trophy hunting, get your very own subscription for free here.

No comments: