Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mark's Mail

Sometimes I receive emails from list members and friends that I'm just not sure what to do with, so I'm going to start periodically using them here in the blog on the weekends. As always, feel free to leave a comment and start a discussion thread about any of this stuff.

SPACE SLIDESHOW
List member Dianne F., who apparently runs her own little list of material, sent me a link to a space slideshow with some pretty nice orchestrated music to go with it. You can find it at:
http://www.greatdanepro.com/somewhere%20in%20time/index.htm.

SPACE PEN AND MORE
List member Lloyd D. reminds us that the first moon landing used a telemetry computer that had less than half the computing power of the PC you're using to read this blog. The problem was that it just wasn't fast enough to handle the actual landing and the lunar module pilots had to handle the moon landing manually. If they had made any calculation mistakes, he says, we'd be talking about the MEN in the moon.

The Fisher Space Pen I posted about (see previous blog entries) is also a favorite of those in the frozen food industry, says Lloyd, for it's ability to write on any type of surface. And, he asks, did you know that Bic® pens are now made in France?

ON GETTING OLDER
List member Carmencita A. from the Philippines read both posts on "You Know You're Getting Older When..." and finally wrote to me:
Sir Mark, as God's children we have the privilege of living beyond Time into Eternity, the kingdom life being far more wonderful beyond description. Hence, for the children of God in Jesus Christ, there is no such thing as becoming older, because - having received the Son - we are no longer living in Time but in Eternity.
Amen, Carmencita!

BIRTHDAY HAT
For my birthday, I treated myself to a new Palm Treo "Smartphone," so I wouldn't have to carry both a cell phone and a PDA (Personal Digital Assistant). The two are combined into one in that unit, and it's pretty cool. That evening, we went to Mongolian BBQ for dinner and the waitstaff made me a special hat for my birthday. I emailed myself the picture so it still counts as "Mark's Mail." Anyway, here's the pic from my new phone:




That's it for today ... keep those cards and letters coming, folks!

No comments: