Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Signature

That is a credit card. It's designed so you can "wave" it at a wireless credit card machine and have your purchase registered ... but it's also designed to fit into the USB port on your computer so you can make your online purchases without having to remember your card numbers or reach for your wallet.

Right now it's only available in Korea, where it was invented. But soon, soon....

+++

I was in the midst of paying for a recent transaction with my credit card. Just as I finished signing the receipt, the cashier said, "Uh oh."

"What?" I asked.

"Well, I may not be able to finish this sale. I noticed that the back of your credit card isn't signed."

"Is that a problem?"

"Your credit card company says the card has to be signed or I'm not supposed to take it. I'm supposed to match the signature on the card with the one on your receipt."

So I signed the credit card in front of her. She then carefully compared the signature to the one on the receipt.

Luckily, they matched.

[seen in too many places to give credit, no pun intended]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: Why do banks charge us for bouncing a check when they already know we don't have any money?

+++

Mark

+++

Get your own subscription to Mark's Musings for free, no credit needed, by clicking here.

No comments: