Thursday, March 04, 2010

Kid Money

It looks like the Government is finally facing up to reality with regard to the U.S. poverty line. A recent story on NPR reports that the Commerce Department - via the U.S. Census - is expanding what they look at when they consider poverty in America.

It's not just about money, though that's still the "official" guideline for aid and assistance.

+++

My wife decided that our 10-year old daughter should finally have her own savings account. Our daughter was thrilled, and they made the excursion to the bank happily.

"Since this is going to be your account, sweetie," said my wife, "I want you to fill out the paperwork." Again, our daughter was happy to take on this "adult" responsibility.

When it came to the blank on the form for "Name of Your Former Bank," our daughter thought for a moment, then penciled in, "Piggy."

===

Our precocious four-year old had reached the age where he thought he deserved an allowance. So he approached me after supper one evening and demanded one.

"And just what do you do around here that makes you think you deserve an allowance?" I asked him.

"Well, for one thing," he replied, "I keep your wife occupied all day."


[Clean Humor Digest]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread." (Proverbs 30:8)

+++


Mark's Musings cashes itself in on an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, takes an Amazon Kindle to the bank and pays off via e-mail each weekday. Your Inbox would be considerably richer if you subscribe by clicking here.

No comments: