Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Teething Solution


My daughter enjoys spending some time with her friends watching videos on YouTube. She has a pretty good sense of what's inappropriate and she's old enough that we trust her decisions.

Mostly.

But if you want something that you *know* is safe for kids. Try Kideos. The site has fun videos - many of them are the "viral" kind you may have already seen - but they're broken down by age bracket and prescreened to be sure they are age-appropriate. They're mostly still from YouTube, but the good ones ... though I will confess I did not have time to preview every video.

+++

AN ACTUAL CONVERSATION

I overheard a conversation during lunch today. It was between a young woman and an older woman who, I assumed, was her mother.

"I haven't slept in three days," said the younger woman. "The baby is teething and he's up all night, crying."

"Why don't you just rub a thimble full of brandy on his gums?" asked the older woman. "That will numb those teeth up and put him right to sleep," she went on to explain.

"I can't give the baby alcohol! Lord knows what that will do to him!" protested the daughter.

"Well, it never hurt you any."

The look on the daughter's face was priceless.


[Joe's Clean Laffs]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: My wife wants us to give homemade gifts to people this year, so I'm thinking of giving away a child. Would that count?

+++


Mark's Musings is available via RSS Feed, Facebook Note, Amazon Kindle, and e-mail each weekday by clicking here.

No comments: