Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nap Time

Well, if this is true, every cat should be named Einstein.

+++

My children have never been thrilled about taking naps, but one day they were putting up more of a fuss than usual.

In the middle of all the tantrums, a friend called.

"What's all the commotion over there?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing," I replied. "Just the siesta resistance."


[Joe's Clean Laffs]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled." (Edward Lucas)

+++


Mark's Musings is available on an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, an Amazon Kindle, and via e-mail each weekday. Wake up your Inbox with your own subscription. Click here.

2 comments:

SusanB said...

Heck, if that sleep research is true, then I should be an Einstein as well. :) (this also explains why, if I tell my husband something in the evening, he never seems to remember it later or the next day...) ;P He needs to nap!

Mark said...

What gets me is how far ahead of all this the Mexican culture has been. But I need to stop commenting. It's time for my siesta.