Friday, February 12, 2010

Men and Women

My parents celebrate 39 years of marriage today. Wow. That's a lot. And I know some of you have been enjoying the ol' wedded bliss even longer. Bully for you!

This being Valentine's Day weekend, today's post will cover a bit of the he and she rivalry o' love.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My husband had reluctantly agreed to come shopping with me. He wound up regretting his decision when he found himself stuck in a lingerie shop while I tried on one garment after another. Impatient and bored with waiting, he finally asked a sales clerk, "Isn't there anything in this store for men?"

The sales clerk looked around and then said, "Sir, *everything* in this store is for men."

===

A husband loved golf, his wife loved going to auctions. They both talked in their sleep.

One night the husband shouted out, "Fore!"

His wife shouted, "Four-fifty!"

===

A young man was sitting next to me in one of the two chairs provided for men outside the ladies fitting room in our local department store.

After 30 minutes and 6 changes of outfits, the fellow's wife came out of the changing room one more time.

He looked at her and immediately said, "That looks great on you! Get that one."

"Honey," she replied, "this is what I was wearing when we came in."


[in order, then, Reader's Digest via Joe's Clean Laffs, Doc's Daily Chuckle, Clean Humor Digest via Laughter for a Saturday]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: In my Palm SmartPhone, I have regular reminders set up to do things like change the oil in our vehicles, change the furnace filter, check the batteries in our smoke alarms, defrag the computer drives, etc. But if you haven't got a "life's little reminders" system set up already, you can get regular reminders via e-mail for free at http://www.resnooze.com/. Registration is free, but if you don't want to sign up, you can still get the most popular reminders by clicking the "hot reminders" link at the top of the screen without having to set up an account. My thanks to Kim Komando.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday using Ezine Director and I pay a little more to make sure my posts are certified by Habeas to be a safe source of e-mail. That means no ads, no spam, and no worries. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and do other things over at my web site. To contact me and someday get a reply, click here. Less than a week before Spring Training starts. I can almost hear the sounds of Spring beginning! You can forward or reprint Mark's Musings freely but please keep the credits attached. This means you. Original material and musings © 2010 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of my e-mail post daily (plus I often add graphics) and very occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all that extra material up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/baldmark/. I have reached my saturation point with snow. No more snow. I forbid it.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "Do not consider painful what is good for you." (Euripides)

No comments: