Monday, September 20, 2010

Knowing the End


My wife is happy ... "Dancing with the Stars" returns this evening for their new season. For those of you who may be new to the Musings, Bonnie is such a good dancer, our local Arthur Murray's once invited her to become an instructor. Hence her interest in this particular reality show.

And speaking of television, see when *your* favorite shows return with new episodes, thanks to TV Guide.

+++

KNOWING THE END

In Hawaii, because of the time difference with the continental United States, the NFL Monday Night Football Game is played in the afternoon, so our local television affiliate delays the broadcast until 6:30 p.m.

But when my favorite team plays, I'm too excited to wait, so I listen to the game on the radio, which broadcasts it live. Then, because they're my favorite team - and especially if an exciting play happened - I'll watch the game again on television that evening.

If I know my team has won the game, it influences how I watch it on television. If they fumble the ball or throw an interception, it's not a problem. I think, "Okay, that's bad, but in the end we win!"

It should be the same for believers. Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

When going through a rough patch, remember that you know how the game ends.


[Lyle Arakaki in Leadership Magazine via A Dose of Inspiration; with thanks to Wit and Wisdom]

+++

WELCOME to YOUR WEEK: Last week - on the 15th - the country began National Hispanic Heritage Month. And don't ask me why, but it's National Love Your Files Week. It's the semi-annual Turn Off Your TV Week. Tomorrow is World Alzheimer's Day, and Autumn officially begins on Wednesday. Finally, it's Tolkein Week and Wednesday is Hobbit Day.

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: