Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eating for Two

Hey, thanks for all your well wishes and kind thoughts. Bonnie came through the surgery just fine and it's amazing that you can have abdominal surgery at 7:30 and be back home in your own bed at 11:30 the same morning. As it turned out, it wasn't a bad ovary at all. She had a severe case of something the doctor called "Pelvic Adhesion Disease," but he did his best to free up everything internally for her and now it's a matter of healing and time to see what happens next. Hopefully, nothing!

Funny thing, her urine sample yesterday morning came back with a positive test for pregnancy. Umm, say what? That would be nothing but 100% pure miracle, but they had to run *four* additional blood tests before they were satisfied she wasn't.

Don't get me wrong, we like babies and all, but the next human in our house under two feet tall had better bear the designation, "grandchild."

However, speaking of babies, Mila is just about the cutest thing ever, thanks to her very creative mom, Adele.

+++

Five months pregnant and nearly always ravenous, I decided a second helping was in order again after a recent dinner.

As soon as I began spooning more food onto my plate, my husband gave me a look that clearly asked if I thought maybe I was overdoing it...?

"What?" I said in reply to his raised eyebrows. "Remember, I'm eating for two."

"Fair enough," he said. "But how many are you exercising for?"



[Da Mouse Tracks via Doc's Daily Chuckle]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife." (Proverbs 17:1)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and your Inbox via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761

No comments: