Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Batting Practice


Well, I went back to work yesterday, after my vacation week off, and you know what? I need another vacation.

At least I'll have baseball's Midsummer Classic this evening to take my mind off being back at work.

+++

Saint Louis Cardinal's pitching great Bob Gibson, known for his sarcastic wit, once caught teammate Curt Flood by surprise. He paid him a genuine compliment during batting practice.

He said, "You know, Curt, if I hit the way you do, I'd step off the toeplate and retire from pitching."

Flood smiled and nodded in appreciation.

Then Gibson continued, "In fact, if I hit the way you do, I'd probably also retire from baseball!"


[basicjokes.com]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "You see, you spend a good bit of your life gripping a baseball, and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time." (Jim Bouton)

+++

Mark's Musings hits one outta the park on an RSS Feed, clobbers a Facebook Note, smashes through your Amazon Kindle and also doubles up the gap via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: