Friday, March 13, 2009

Heart Thoughts


And, of course, your Serious Acts of Thinking always follow the goofier ones.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

HEART THOUGHTS

Act the way you want to be and before you know it you'll be the way you act.

The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all the world needs dreamers who do.

You only need to know one thing about planning a vacation. Take half as much luggage and twice as much money.

The fragrance remains on the hand of the one who gives the rose.

Experience is a good school but you never get a summer vacation.

A person who spends half their life talking about what they are going to do will probably spend the other half talking about why they didn't do it.

If you leave home to set the world on fire, make sure you take enough matches.

One of the hardest things to give away is kindness ... it's usually returned.

If you blame someone else for your failures you'd better be ready to credit someone else for your successes.

Writing a letter is the only way to combine solitude with good company.

You should never say anything with a full mouth or an empty head.

The less we know the more we suspect.

Isn't it ironic that in a society of extremely sophisticated communication we suffer from a lack of good listeners.


[with thanks to Menards and list member Cliff R.]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Calling all prayer warriors ... my best friend's son began having inexplicable seizures Thursday afternoon and evening and as I write this, no medical explanation has been found. Please pray for medical wisdom, insight, and healing for this young man. Thanks, troops.

I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: I told you yesterday my son moved out. He knows how to cook a few simple things and isn't afraid to try new stuff, so I directed him to http://www.5dollardinners.com/ to learn how to make some delicious-looking dishes on a budget. Struck me that you could use that site, too. So there ya go.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is still sent using Ezine Director and those folks are certified by Habeas to be a safe sender of e-mail. That means you can trust what I send. And I promise never to send spam or give your address to anyone who will. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and otherwise click your day away at my web site. To contact me and sooner or later get a reply, click here. After more than ten years of sending posts - which I figure is about 2,192 separate jokes and stories - it's hard for you to send me anything I haven't already seen, but please keep trying! Hey, you can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. The credits hate being taken off the post and will just scratch your furniture and leave a mess on your bed. So just let 'em be. Original material and commentary © 2009 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of this post daily and occasionally toss in bonus material whenever the mood strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all the bonus stuff up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. My first Union Executive Board Meeting since being reappointed Editor is tomorrow. I don't know if I'm excited about that or not.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." (Carl Sagan)

No comments: