Monday, February 23, 2009

Exercise


Is there anything exercise can't do for you?

Scientific American now lists it as one of their six easy ways to boost your brain power.

Guess I *really* need to stop putting it off.

+++

I've started an exercise program. I do 20 sit-ups each morning. That may not seem like much, but you can only hit that "snooze" button so many times.

===

List member Dave A. wrote to say he uses that Garlic Diet. He doesn't lose any weight, he just looks smaller from a distance.

===

I know some people who are so fat their belly button doesn't have lint ... it has sweaters.

===

My gym teacher told me to touch my toes. I said, "I don't have that kind of relationship with my feet. Can I just wave?"

[selected from reader feedback and Butler Webs]

+++

WORD for YOUR WEEK: "Orbis" is the Latin word for a disc, or a hoop. You can see where the word "orbit" originates from. "Orbita" was used to refer to the tracks a wheel made, or a rut in the road. When you add the modifier "ex" to the front of the word, you add the phrase and meaning "out of" to the word. We now know it as the word "exorbitant," which means a deviation from the normal course of things. As in, "Margo went to exorbitant lengths to make sure she got her daily exercise."

+++


Mark's Musings is packaged for your RSS Feed Reader and can also be delivered via email to your Inbox each weekday. Exercise your right to your very own subscription for free by clicking here. Keep these credits on for four more forwards. And three. And two ... and four more!

No comments: