Saturday, February 21, 2009

38 Things You Probably Never Needed to Know About Me

So there's this "tagging" thing going around on Facebook that used to go around on email but email is, like, so five minutes ago, y'know? Anyway, thought I'd also post it here for your weekend's "bonus" content.
__________

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My Dad said I was named after one of his friends, but if I ever met the man, I don't remember him.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Oh, I cry all the time. Usually when I'm talking about something the Lord has done in my life, or when I'm trying to tell a moving story, or how proud I am of my kids ... but I think the last time was when I tried reading Scripture out loud to the congregation at church on a Sunday morning.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? If I don't, who will?

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Turkey and ham mixed together. Hamkey?

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? A boy and a girl. I'd die for either.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I would so be friends with me. I'd have my baby.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Like I need to answer this question.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Not unless they've grown back.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not even if my life depended upon it.

10. FAVORITE CEREAL? Don't eat cereal enough to have a favorite. Favorite breakfast, though, is a Farmer's Omelette. The more veggies and cheese, the better.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Usually, but it depends on how tired I am. On those nights I just want to fall into a coma, it's slip-off city.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Chocolate. Seriously, isn't this really everybody's favorite? Deep down inside?

13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Man or woman? Most of the time I can spot that kind of thing right off.

14. RED OR PINK? Black.

15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? That I'm not comfortable in my own skin. Wish I was skinnier and had more hair. And nice teeth. And a better singing voice.

16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My son. Moving out of the house — for good? — in less than a week.

17. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jeans and sneakers. I'd wear blue jeans every day if I could. Love 'em. Canyon River Blues. Most comfortable denim on the planet.

18. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The clock in my office ticking. The sound of my fingers typing. The cat purring at my feet. The furnace's soft susurration as it pushes warm air through the vents.

19. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Royal Blue.

20. FAVORITE SMELLS? Coffee in the morning. My wife's China Musk perfume. The pages of a new book.

21. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My wife on the cell, a coworker on a land line.

22. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Baseball, but not on TV. I'm asleep by the third inning. Football you watch on TV, baseball must be watched in person.

23. HAIR COLOR? Clear.

24. EYE COLOR? Can't see my own eyes. Let me check a mirror. Wait here.

25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Used to. Gave 'em up when I needed bifocals.

Kind of an aqua blue-greeny color.

26. FAVORITE FOOD? Oh, it's all good awesome when you're hungry enough. Favorite guilty pleasure food? Popcorn at the movies.

27. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. Every time.

28. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The International w/Clive Owen and Naomi Watts. Meh.

29. SUMMER OR WINTER? Autumn.

30. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs from friends. Kisses from my missus.

31. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Star Trek Destiny Book I. (On loan from my son's collection.)

32. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? My mouse, silly.

33. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? An episode of "Leverage" from the DVR.

34. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? The sound the time clock at work makes when I run my timecard through it every night. The sound of a lot of people singing the same song I am. A capella. The sound my wife makes when...never mind, you don't need to know that one.

35. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles. Definitely.

36. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Alaska. Last August.

37. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Too many to list. Including conceit. (That's a talent, right?)

38. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Traverse City, Michigan. Caesarian Section. On a Friday. Went from the hospital to the church that Sunday and was dedicated.

No comments: