Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Klingon Programming

So in my mild-mannered disguise as a Computer Instructor, I'm teaching a Basic PowerPoint class this evening.

Which is a handy segue into telling you that PC Magazine recently spotlighted 157 free software programs you might find unique or useful.

+++

IF KLINGONS PROGRAMMED COMPUTERS

~ You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!

~ What is this talk of "release"? Klingons do not make software "releases." Our software escapes!

~ Debugging? Klingons do not debug! Our software does not coddle the weak.

~ You cannot truly appreciate "Dilbert" until you've read it in the original Klingon.

~ Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

[found deep in my archives, source unknown. I would apologize, but that would be a sign of weakness]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: Why do we insist there's intelligent life on other planets? Why should those planets be any different than this one?

+++

Have you no honor? Get your own subscription by clicking here!

No comments: