Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dipping Into the Stream...

...of consciousness, that is. Thought I'd just let my mind and fingers wander and blather on about a few things here in the early morning hours of a Saturday when my body says I don't want to sleep anymore.

****

See that photo there? This has got to be one of the goofiest things I've ever seen. This is the third floor of an industrial building in Troy, Michigan. See how the wastebaskets outline a kind of "invisible wall"? We were told to stay to the left of the baskets because, and I quote, "the company isn't renting that side of the floor."

Gosh, I hope I don't land in hot water because I took that pic.

****

So my blood pressure has been going up lately - quite a bit, actually - and I can't even blame my kids. They've been doing pretty good. My doctor is more or less stumped, as well. The biggest worry would be that it's what they call "secondary hypertension," which means it's high blood pressure caused by something else going drastically wrong in the body ... usually a kidney problem.

So now I have kidney function tests scheduled for Wednesday. I hate diabetes.

****

Though it's not listed on his tour date schedule yet, my band was just booked to warm up for Mark Schultz at my little town's annual "Hometown Days" on June 1.
It won't be our full group as we were asked to do just an acoustic set, so it'll be the "unplugged" version. Still, we're pumped and excited about doing it. We warmed up for "Big Daddy Weave" at this event two years ago.

And it makes the third June booking for us, already. Looks like it could be a busy summer!

****

As I mentioned in my post on Friday (see below), I've been working an awful lot of overtime this past week. It's a love/hate relationship with my employer. I hate the time away from my family and getting things done at home, but I'll love the paycheck in a couple of weeks. You, too?

****

Finally, some words from poet Sara Teasdale to leave you with on this fine February weekend.

When I can look life in the eyes,
Grown calm and very coldly wise,
Life will have given me the truth,
And taken in exchange - my youth.

It's a trade everyone of us hope to make one day, isn't it?

1 comment:

the coolest girl on the planet - HA! said...

MARK!

You didn't tell me you're opening for Mark Schultz!

Do you need an extra roadie that day? Please please please?!?! He is one of my top 3 artists of all time!

You are SO lucky - erm - blessed.

-Lisa