Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Two Surgeries


Found out yesterday that my son is once again participating in the "Movember" fundraising contest - where men grow mustaches for a month and raise money for prostate cancer research. That's him up in the corner.

Several of you were so generous in helping me raise money to feed the hungry. Here's another good cause. I'll be donating to this one, as well.

Even if you just visit the site and read up on the "mo"vement, I'll be thankful.

+++

My 72-year old uncle was in hospital for prostrate surgery. He was admitted at 6:00 a.m., the surgery was performed at 7:30 a.m., and we were amazed when the hospital discharged him by 4:00 p.m. and he was back in his own bed before supper.

Later that week, in one of those odd coincidences, we had to take his dog to the Veterinarian because Rex also needed prostate surgery. I asked the Vet what time I should pick Rex up.

I was told Rex would be staying overnight and I should come back around noon the next day.

"Overnight?" I asked. "His owner just had this same surgery and was home that same day."

The Vet looked at me and replied, "Yes, well, Rex isn't covered by an HMO."


[Joke of the Day via Charlie's Chuckles with a little editorial massage by Mark Raymond]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." (Calvin Coolidge)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: