Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Optician Jokes


That tremor you felt last night was America, shifting to the right.

Meanwhile, in Germany, they're developing breakthrough technology that makes Geordi's visor on Star Trek obsolete before it's even invented.

+++

A FEW OPTICIAN JOKES

Patient: Doc, I'm still seeing spots in front of my eyes.
Optician: Didn't the new glasses help?
Patient: Sure! I'm seeing the spots much clearer now!

===

Optician: You need glasses!
Patient: But I'm wearing glasses.
Optician: Then I need glasses!!

===

One Optician reports: "My patients come in all the time, embarrassed that they sat upon their glasses. After readjusting the frames, I hand them back and admonish them to not do it again. Besides, it's unnecessary. Didn't your mother teach you that hindsight is 20/20?"


[selected from optiboard.com]

+++

WORD for YOUR WEEK: Here's a word mildly related to eyesight, though it's not used that way: obfuscate, which means to darken, or cloud and confuse. As in, "one of the best ways to win an argument is to obfuscate the issues." It's from Latin, as you might expect. Fuscus meant dark, and the modifier "ob" means over or above, as in more of something. And, indeed, with an affliction such as glaucoma, your eyesight could be obfuscated.

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great and a very important post for me. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Unknown said...

Nice post. Keep sharing.