Friday, November 12, 2010

Apology Letter


It's time for my mother-in-law and her stroke-impaired husband to begin their annual migration to Florida. I mention this only because my wife takes the journey with them, to help as she can and be an extra layer of security for them on the trip. She's out of here tomorrow and will fly back next Friday.

Which leaves just my daughter and I at home this week. Anybody know any good takeout places?

+++

Lisa, who is my coworker at the travel agency where we're both employed, had a customer whose trip was a complete fiasco from start to finish. Lisa was going to write him a letter of apology, but wasn't sure how to begin.

I reminded her of a similar experience one of my customers had the previous year, and dug out the letter I'd written for him so she could use it as an example.

Handing it to her, I said, "All you have to do is change the details: the date, the trip info, and the name."

Lisa glanced at it, chuckled and shook her head. Then she looked up at me and said, "We won't even have to change the name."


[Joe's Clean Laffs]

+++

WEBSITE of the WEEK: After Bonnie drives down to Florida with her Mom and Step-Dad, she flies back home. While I was checking on her flight - and with a little help from Kim Komando - I stumbled across http://www.hipmunk.com/, an airline booking website that combines price, length of trip, and number of stops to generate an "agony" rating. The flights with the lowest scores float to the top. I especially enjoyed the easy-to-read chart that's generated. And with tabbed browsing, you can search for flights from different cities to find the best value.

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: