Monday, November 29, 2010

Shopping Newbie


Today is the Internet's answer to Black Friday.

They call it Cyber Monday.

+++

I used to live near a major university.

Every fall, the new flock of kids attending college always included some who needed a little help with everyday chores, due to never having really done any while they lived at home. Things like doing the laundry, or purchasing groceries.

One day at the grocery store, I was in the dairy aisle, picking out some eggs. As I usually did, I opened the carton to check them over for damage before putting them in my cart. That's when I noticed the young man beside me, mimicking my every move.

When he saw I had noticed him, he leaned toward me and whispered conspiratorially, "What are we looking for?"


[Good Clean Funnies List via Randy Walker's Clean Humor]

+++

WELCOME to YOUR WEEK: We put November in the rearview mirror of our calendar this week, but before it goes, you still have two days to enjoy Plum and Pomegranate Month. Today is Electronic Greetings Day, and tomorrow is Computer Security Day. I guess that's the cyber equivalent of wiping your hand after you shake someone else's hand.

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: